[BLDG-SIM] ground source heat pump in eQUEST

Title: RE: [BLDG-SIM] ground source heat pump in eQUEST

Smita,
Here are some steps to lead you to model GSHP system in eQuest:
1. Set up eQuest to Detailed Data Edit Mode
2. Go to Water-Side HVAC tab
3. At the left side of menu, right click Project,  then select Create Circulation Loop. Use Water Loop Heat Pump type for GSHP system.

4. Go back to right click Project  again, select Create Ground Loop Heat Exchanger, a window screen will pop up for all the detail design inputs of GSHP system.

Tips:
1. Download Ground Loop HP Curves from http://www.doe2.com/download/eQUEST/
2. Make sure you have enough accurate GSHP system design data for your eQuest modeling.  eQuest has no capability to autosize GSHP systems as it does to other conventional HVAC systems.

Good Luck!

Bing

Bing Liu, PE, CEM
LEED Accredited Professional