Here are some steps to lead you to model GSHP system in eQuest:
1. Set up eQuest to Detailed Data Edit Mode
2. Go to Water-Side HVAC tab
3. At the left side of menu, right click Project, then select Create Circulation Loop. Use Water Loop Heat Pump type for GSHP system.
4. Go back to right click Project again, select Create Ground Loop Heat Exchanger, a window screen will pop up for all the detail design inputs of GSHP system.
1. Download Ground Loop HP Curves from http://www.doe2.com/download/eQUEST/
2. Make sure you have enough accurate GSHP system design data for your eQuest modeling. eQuest has no capability to autosize GSHP systems as it does to other conventional HVAC systems.
Bing Liu, PE, CEM
LEED Accredited Professional
Pacific Northwest National Lab
902 Battelle Blvd. MSIN: K5-16
Richland, WA 99352
From: mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, March 18, 2004 3:24 PM
Subject: [BLDG-SIM] ground source heat pump in eQUEST
Can anyone give me pointers to modeling a ground source heat pump in eQUEST. I have never done this before and would appreciate any tips and advise on how to go about it.
You received this e-mail because you are subscribed
to the BLDG-SIM@xxxxxxxx mailing list. To unsubscribe
from this mailing list send a blank message to
=====================================================You received this e-mail because you are subscribed to the BLDG-SIM@xxxxxxxx mailing list. To unsubscribe from this mailing list send a blank message to BLDG-SIM-UNSUBSCRIBE@xxxxxxxx