GARD Analytics was part of a team which conducted work for the Pacific Gas & Electric Co. The work tasks included:
- Defining precisely how specific simulation capabilities within the EnergyPlus software compare relative to the requirements of Title 24 ACM.
- Surveying and analyzing present and projected customer activities involving the current EnergyPlus and prepare a survey report.
- Investigating the status of existing and developing ancillary software such as, without limitation, application utilities and front-end software for EnergyPlus.
- Creating functional specifications for future Title 24 compliance software programs that are capable of being certified via the Title 24 ACM approval process using EnergyPlus as the simulation engine.
- Combining the findings and conclusions of the previous tasks into a final report that includes recommendations for strategies to gain CEC approval of an E+ driven compliance software tool as a Title 24 ACM compliance software tool in California.